Computers, smart phones and other gadgets like eReaders allow us to discover information about practically any topic more easily than ever before. Yet accessibility to all the information available about senior living options doesn't necessarily make choosing a continuing care program any easier.
What if a retirement community is not what fits your needs? Or what if you cant imagine leaving your home but know you are likely to need care at some point in the future? These concerns (and more) lead many adults to call Kendal at Home, a virtual retirement community without walls that combines the security of a continuing care retirement community with the freedom and independence of living in your own home in the community you have grown to love.
If you're considering a virtual retirement community, here are the top five reasons to give Kendal at Home a call:
- Remain Independent While Receiving Expert Care Beginning in adolescence, attaining independence is a key life goal. Now that youve reached your golden years, however, it's not unusual to feel that health concerns, physical limitations and other factors may mean you need to surrender your comfortable independence and fulfilling life for more sedentary habits. With Kendal at Home, this just isnt the case. All Kendal at Home members receive in-home safety and fitness assessments upon joining, which helps our team create a plan to meet every member's specific needs while enabling or encouraging them to continue their active lifestyles right at home.
- Stay in the Home You Created Whether it's the spacious two-story youve mortgaged since saying I do or it's the cozy townhouse you purchased post-retirement, your home is a place full of familiarity and memories. It's perfectly understandable (and highly common) that most people want to stay in their own home as they age. The unique Kendal at Home program allows you to do exactly that without having to worry about how you will receive care when you need it and, most importantly, you wont have to worry about how you will pay for it.
- Access to Knowledgeable Professionals When you join Kendal at Home, you immediately receive the support of a personal care coordinator. Care coordinators at Kendal at Home coordinate and advocate long-term care services for each and every member and empower members through education and information. In the case of Sally, a Kendal at Home member, our care coordinators expertise was life-saving in a time of crises. Sally shared her story in a Kendal at Home free download: I had open heart surgery in May and then suffered complications. It was actually the caregiver who told me I was in trouble and that I needed medical help immediately.
- A Plan With Your Input With Kendal at Home, you have a say in what care you receive and how you receive it. Designed by you and your care coordinator with input from your physician and family, your care plan will emphasize preventive care and wellness, helping you stay as healthy as possible for as long as possible. And should you ever discover you need additional care, your care coordinator will mobilize Kendal at Homes resources to meet your new needs, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Peace of Mind for Family It can be unsettling for younger generations to learn their loved ones are choosing to stay in their homes. Uncertainties about how their loved one will get the care they need when they need it, who will be there to check in on them, and will their needs be met can sometimes be overwhelming, especially when distance separates them. On the other hand, escalating costs for medical care and home care can be unwelcome burdens in times of economic strife. By joining Kendal at Home, your family can rest easy knowing you're receiving ongoing care on your terms at a reasonable price. Whats more, you can know therell be plenty of room for them to stay should they choose to pay a visit!
Can you see yourself joining Kendal at Home? Click here or call (440-835-8681) to learn more about us!